Watch all the best trending branded pieces of video content that Mattr'd this week! Featuring: National Lottery, Carphone Warehouse, Nowness, GoPro and John Smith's.
Viewing entries in
Watch all the best trending branded pieces of video content that Mattr'd this week! Featuring: HSBC, All4, Heathrow Airport, Strongbow, TJFF and Specsavers.
1. An experiential piece of marketing that Mattr'd | Snickers
Snickers, the chocolate bar that enlists cult influencers with the aim to try make you smile and spend 60p. Clearly Mr Bean as a ninja, Joan Collins as a hungry footballer and Mr T in a tank only had their creative team warming up. This time they enlisted the help of Marilyn Monroe and Willem Dafoe (hey that rhymes) to make us smile BUT how are they connected? Well just watch and find out the hilarious, yet oddly alluring results.
2. An abstract advert that Mattr'd | HSL
Public transport isn't sexy, but some how HSL has managed to make the company's upgraded travel card reader out to be something to be desired. Yes it's slightly childish, maybe a little obvious for but what we like most is they took a risk and nailed it.
3. A piece of branded content that Mattr'd | ScienceWorld
Let's hand it to ScienceWorld, they've really stepped up the game in their latest bunch of branded shorts. We definietly spent an hour or two trying to find more bizarre facts like what is featured below. See, science can be fun.
4. A use of creativity that Mattr'd | Porsche
What sells luxury better than the best of the best? Californication has only heightened every creative's dream of having a Porsche like Hank Moody so luring the general public in with images of the late, great Muhammed Ali, Maria Sharapova and chess champion Magnus Carlsen pit against themselves in the ultimate challenge can only heighten the epicness of the new 911 model. With the premise that only the new Porsche 911 can beat its previous incarnations it definietly has us smashing open our piggy banks.
5. A good use of humour that Mattr'd | Yelp
This Yelp advert is the epitome of perfect execution. It's funny, clean and seamless. Who knew reviewing things could look so bizarre yet necessary?
1. Ad innovation that Mattr'd | Samsung
We are pretty blown away with the amount of immersion, creativity and scalability from Samsung's SideLiner creation. The concept is to give sports fans the ultimate viewing seat at sports matches that keeps them in the heat of action by moving the seat up and down the field - but most importantly the SlideLiner puts the Samsung name in to EVERY key frame of action. Nothing short of awesome.
2. Piece of branded content that Mattr'd | Masterfoods
The age old question of "Who would you most like to have dinner with, living or dead" was flipped on its head with the help of children and Masterfoods. The kids made their parents look pretty selfish as they reeled off dozens of well known names but the kids? Well, all they wanted to do was eat with their family. What a way to melt your heart - with food.
3. An inspiring ad that Mattr'd | Weight Watchers
What we liked most about this advert from Weight Watchers is the promotion of a healthy mentality to aid with weight loss. Coupled with the narrative that can be easily identifiable to many people its just an all round inspiring advert that made us want to put down our Snickers and go for a jog.
4. A use of imagination that Mattr'd | Canal+
This Canal+ isn't usual something we'd highlight, but we just thought that it was an epic way to show off the French TV channel's incredible creativity. We will say no more and will let you see for yourself.
5. A use of pop culture that Mattr'd | Esurance
Our WW aka Walter White aka The One That Knocks is back . . . kind of. Esurance used the iconic anti-hero in the best way possible - to peddle personalised insurance. We hope to see this campaign utilise other iconic characters.
In the week when the country headed to the polls to elect local government, Leicester City FC won the Premier League (we are waiting for the inevitable film to catch up with it all) and Seth Rogen & Zac Efron went up against a sorority because of their ongoing antisocial behaviour - we've been enjoying some of the most witty and positive pieces of content on the web:
1. A use of creativity that mattr'd | Maynards Bassetts
We've got a bit of a soft spot for Maynards recent series of "chunky intermissions" as frankly they remind us of the muppets. Really like the way they've brought the confectionary to life by turning them into colourful everyday objects.
2. An online ad that mattr'd | Booking.com
Got to hand it to Booking.com, this is a really nice nod to people's alternative weekend passions. We say it's refreshing because we are so used to seeing the "ideal" luxury relaxing weekend, when in reality that's only a small amount of people who are aiming for such idealism. Battle reenactments does look all kinds of cool to film as too!
3. A piece of branded content that Mattr'd | Knorr
The rising trend of these "complete stranger" social experiments has lead some interesting content. We really like what Knorr have done with their "Love At First Taste" video as it has the potential to scale into something much more personal, like asking the public to share their own food relationship stories . . .
4. A public service announcement that mattr'd | Reporters Without Borders
It was a pretty daring move by Reporters Without Borders to create a slightly tongue-in-cheek video (with serious undertones) celebrating their birthday using dictators as the choir. We hope this video leads to heightened awareness of the work RWB continually does around the world.
5. A shameless plug that mattr'd| May The Fourth Be With You
What did we all do this Star Wars day? We had some nostalgic Star Wars related feelings about the mini documentary series we shot to celebrate the release of "The Force Awakens" entitled "Star Wars Changed My Life". Big shout out to LudoSport UK for sharing their episode (which you can watch below)!
In the week where Beyoncé released her sixth studio album 'Lemonade', where Barack Obama waded in on Brexit and Captain America and Iron Man are set to hash out a civil war in 2 and a half hours - we've watched all the killer branded content that mattr's so you didn't have to!
1. A feel good advert that mattr'd | Tails.com
Not going to lie, we've been wanting to parody Apple's infamous "Think Different" campaign for the longest time, but tails.com have parodied it in a way that mattr's greatly! With the help from Dumbledore (Sir Michael Gambon) the advert champions man's best friend's foibles so perfectly that it's hard not to smile while watching.
2. A piece of branded content that mattr'd | BBC
The true national treasure that is Sir David Attenborough will be 90 in May. We think the BBC paid Sir David an amazing homage to his extensive career in this short film celebrating his dedication to animals, nature and the medium of documentary.
3. A scaleable campaign that mattr'd | Ikea & Skype
Such a fun and interactive campaign partnership between Ikea & Skype! Basically, one thing none of us really acknowledge is how we always mislay our passports. Ikea & Skype recognised this and set people the challenge to find their passport in under 30 seconds - if you find it under the allocated time you are within a chance of winning a holiday (yay) but if you don't, you're entered in a draw to erm, win a drawer (kind of yay?).
4. A human experience that mattr'd | Airbnb
This is Airbnb's second placement in our weekly chart as they've smashed it out the park all over again! Really like the way Airbnb use the human experience to sell their service - in this instance they are encouraging people to 'live' the city they visit by feeling at home and experience this new place like it's already their own.
5. A use of creativity that mattr'd | American Family Insurance
Yeah, American Family Insurance made our jaws drop open a little bit here. What an awesome advert that perfectly shows how kids think creatively, interpret the world and show the dreams they aspire to fulfills in their future. And to think all that to sell family insurance!
In the week where the world became less colourful with the loss of Prince, Jeremy Corbyn actually wished the Queen a happy birthday (albeit through talking about Arsenal) and Idris Elba & Richard Madden take down french terrorists in Bastille Day, there’s a LOT of amazing content that we just had to share with you :)
1. An upcoming campaign that Mattr's |
The king of epic stunts, Red Bull are back at it again with their latest campaign that will see 165 student teams from over 50 countries have 7 days to travel across Europe. But the catch is they are using only cans of Red Bull as currency. We don’t know if the exchange rate will differ from country to country, but what we love is the scale and depth to this project. Red Bull know that it’s not just about producing viral hits it's about creating ideas that can scale beyond anything that a simple viral hit could ever do. We can’t wait to see what happens.
2. A heartfelt advert that Mattr'd |
Chase Consumer Bank are following their UK counterparts of Lloyds, Barclays and Co-Op bank with their heartfelt advert. The ad followers an everyday dad dressing up as a "Fairy Dadmother" for daughter's birthday -it's a brilliant metaphor to show how many parents want to go the extra mile for their kids. So really, why not open a savings account for your kids while you're at it? Nice one Chase Bank you've put a smile on our face.
3. A campaign movement that Mattr'd |
Big up "Mein Kampf gegen Rects", the organisation who have rewritten history by taking Hitler's infamous autobiography "Mein Kampf" or "My Struggle" by asking German people of colour and ethnic backgrounds to write about their struggle with racism in the country.
4. A piece of branded content that Mattr'd |
What sells a feeling better than music? Pandora have out done themselves and created piece of content that sells music and emotion perfectly. What we love it about this is that it breaks stereotypes, shows people from different walks of life and unites them all under the medium of music.
5. Honouring one of the greats that Mattr'd |
We're definitely writing this with a lump in our throats, as we say goodbye WAY too soon to the master, pioneer and futurist of music- Prince. A man that was never afraid to be who he was, championing new and innovative ways to express himself through film, with style, substance and pure authenticity. His presence on YouTube is difficult to find so we've settled with his epic performance at the Super Bowl XLI halftime show, where he plays in the pouring rain (that you can't watch embedded). So long Prince.
1. An online ad that Mattr’d | - Airbnb presents Lairbnb: We've had fun watching this online advert from Airbnb. It's a really nice tongue-in-cheek piece of content where we see a superhero, vampire and pixie "advertise" their lair for rent on Airbnb. 100% would stay with the superhero:
2. A mini documentary piece that Mattr’d | Yahoo - Bikers Change Lives of Abused Children: This is such a powerful piece of content from the Yahoo team showcasing the work of the Bikers Against Child Abuse organisation and a girl they helped protect when she testified against her stepfather:
3. A viral that Mattr'd | Facts. - 57 Years Apart - A Boy And a Man Talk About Life: We're pretty aware that this has been out for a little while now but we don't think it's had enough love on the interwebs. What a brilliant piece of video that is authentic and sweet:
5. An indirect plug that Mattr's | Facebook / Instagram - Mobile Moves People: This is a little different to our usual programming but we just HAD to share this with you. Mattr's creative director Josh Hine flew over to Singapore a couple of weeks ago to shoot Facebook's FIRST vertical video showing the power of mobile video with a piece of content tailor made for mobile devices: